Embedded Software Engineer
Vi svarer vanligvis innen to uker
Do you want to be part of one of Norway's most exciting technological workplaces? Are you genuinely interested in how new technology can bring value in a sustainable direction?
We have a wide variety of customers, and you will get experience within many different industries, technologies, and systems. Together with our customers we are creating new, complex systems from idea to finished solution: this is your field of interest.
The Control Systems & Digital Solutions Department in Norway develops Control Systems, Software, Data Science applications, Electronics and Electrical Systems for a number of applications in various market segments. We are currently working on Electrification, Autonomous Solutions, Connected Products (IOT) and Digitalization for Norwegian and International customers. We are a team of 27 people today and we use various type of tools, such as Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, VS Code, QT studio, Figma and more.
Your role as an embedded developer:
You define and coordinate new functions and changes in the system architecture.
In addition, you implement features, test them in simulation, hardware and in the product itself.
You are responsible for requirements such as the overall performance, quality, safety, and security aspects of the software components.
Developing tools and frameworks to support software development, design and testing is also part of your job.
What about you:
• University degree in computer science, software engineering, embedded systems or related field
• Professional experience in low-level embedded software development and real time programming
• Object-oriented modeling and programming in C/C++
• Microcontroller architectures and embedded peripherals: I2C, SPI or similar
• Knowledge of at least one of these: Canbus, Modbus, Profibus, DDS, Kafka, Bluetooth, Ethernet or similar
• Knowledge and interest for other programming languages like python, GO-lang or C#
• Tech-lead experience is an advantage
We can offer you:
• Challenging tasks in a creative and informal working environment
• Knowledge sharing and personal development through multi-disciplinary expert groups
• Able to make an impact in a small organization
• Variation in work tasks with customers in many different segments
• Flexible work hours and opportunity to work partly from home (remote work)
• Work-life balance
• Location in the technology city Kongsberg
Semcon is an international technology company with headquarter based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Semcon Norge is located in Kongsberg with about 85 employees. We are a product development house and we do in-house projects for our customers in very different market segments. We aim to solve customer needs and bring new, sustainable products, services and businesses to the market. Our business platform is to help our customers see the potential for competitive advantage where new technology is the driving force in seeing new opportunities. We perform business- and technology development within e.g ocean space, life science, industry and renewable energy. We work interdisciplinary from early idea-phase to finished product or solution, in diverse teams across the fields of mechanics, cybernetics, electronics and software. And our in-house workshop and laboratory give us the opportunity to do quick prototyping, testing and product verification.
- Control Systems & Digital Solutions
- Digital Services
- Ekstern status
- Hybrid kontor
Embedded Software Engineer
Laster inn søknadsskjema