Do you want to join a unique, innovative and future-oriented company?
We are expanding our Control Systems & Digital Solutions Department and looking for a dedicated Electrical Engineer with a passion for technology. Join us on our journey to deliver innovative solutions for a more sustainable future.
The Control Systems & Digital Solutions Department in Norway develops Control Systems, Software, Data Science applications, Electronics and Electrical Systems for a number of applications in various market segments. We are currently working on Electrification, Autonomous Solutions, Connected Products (IOT) and Digitalization for Norwegian and International customers. We are a team of 28 people today.
Who are you?
You have a positive and proactive mindset with a background as an electrician or similar hands-on work, but with an added bachelor degree within electromechanics, robotics, software, automation or similar. Experience and knowledge of various energy sources and especially batteries, BMS , dimensioning, etc will be an advantage. You also have a genuine interest for new technologies and a curious mindset. At Semcon, we work in diverse teams, and it is important that you are a team player and share your knowledge. You also have a genuine interest for new technologies and a curious mindset.
Your main responsibilities will be
As a project engineer in Semcon you will be a part of a project team. Your main tasks and responsibility include aspects from the entire pipeline from designing an electrical system to deployment and maintenance and service. Semcon has a large variety in our project portfolio and the tasks will vary depending on the nature of the project.
Your qualifications and technological interest:
Applicants that do not cover all qualifications, but are passionate about the field, are encouraged to apply.
• Hands-on experience in electro mechanics, wiring, cabinet design and assembly.
• Bachelor degree within electromechanics, robotics, software, automation or similar
• Able to do design and analysis of an industrial electrical product.
• Good knowledge of energy-systems, battery system design, battery management systems and dimentioning.
• Desirable with knowledge of programming in simple robot technology.
• Knowledge of energy management
• Have good knowledge of FEL, FSE, FEK and NEK 400
We can offer:
- Challenging tasks in a creative environment
- Knowledge sharing and personal development through multi-disciplinary expert groups
- A committed, innovative and informal work environment
- Able to make an impact in a small organization
- Variation in work tasks with customers in many different segments
- Flexible work hours and opportunity to work partly from home (remote work)
- Work-life balance
- Location in The technology city Kongsberg
Semcon is an international technology company with headquarter based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Semcon Norge is located in Kongsberg with about 85 employees. We are a product development house and we do in-house projects for our customers in very different market segments. We aim to solve customer needs and bring new, sustainable products, services and businesses to the market. Our business platform is to help our customers see the potential for competitive advantage where new technology is the driving force in seeing new opportunities. We perform business- and technology development within e.g ocean space, life science, industry and renewable energy. We work interdisciplinary from early idea-phase to finished product or solution, in diverse teams across the fields of mechanics, cybernetics, electronics and software. And our in-house workshop and laboratory give us the opportunity to do quick prototyping, testing and product verification.